To whom it may concern regarding the UCAS process,
I wanted to give you an update of what is happening with UCAS as well as how the school can support you in the process of going to university. I appreciate the uncertainty that we all face with the current situation but be rest assured that all students will still receive their full qualification and the UCAS process will go ahead as planned pre-coronavirus.
Here are some updates and links regarding the UCAS process:
- The deadline to reply to offers from universities is 18:00 on the 18th June
- Clearing (for those who do not receive offers and/or apply late for university) will still open as per usual on 6thJuly and will finish on the 30th October.
- Universities now have “virtual open days” to help you make your decisions without having to travel.
- Universities also have a platform to communicate with current university students to find out more about life at university.
- You should now be applying for student finance. There are two types of loan available, those that pay your tuition fees and those that support your costs of living. Although finance can be applied for up to 9 months after a course starts, you need to start the process as soon as possible to ensure that you have your loan in place for September.
If you need any support or guidance with UCAS or your next steps please contact our careers adviser Laverne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks and good luck
Director of Vocational Specialisms, Quality and Partnerships